Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Vintage Agate Leather Belt from vintageJones.etsy.com


This belt is in good shape, there are no chips on agate just a tiny dot of glue? on the front from when it was made. The back of the agate was painted and a fleck or 2 has come off, and the glue attaching the buckle was done a bit sloppily, completely invisible from the front. The leather looks great with no wear at all.

This belt is fully adjustable so it can be cinched as small as you want or can go as large as 36.5".

SIZE:
2 1/4" wide leather belt
can go as large as 36.5"

BUCKLE:
4 1/2" x 4 1/4" agate slice

COLOR:
taupe gray brown agate / dark brown leather

MADE OF:
genuine leather / genuine agate
Price: 20.00

1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?
I started selling on Etsy because I am a jewelry and accessories designer (
http://www.maryjanefrances.etsy.com) and loved the handmade market Etsy opened up. After selling handmade for a while, I found Etsy's vintage section... HEAVEN! Completely un-picked over like Ebay, and more competitively priced! And as an avid vintage lover of 60's and 70's style, I go to thrift shops and estate sales often, and find treasures that I simply can not walk away from, but don't need/ don't fit/ can't afford/ etc. Selling vintage on Etsy gives me a way to satisfy my "Vintage Jones" without the guilt or clutter that collecting 'too' many treasures can create!



2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)
Vintage cocktail rings. Big huge 'door knockers'. An obsession since childhood, I love rings with real stones and sterling or gold, but to buy them new, the size I like, is out of my price range. The quality of vintage jewelry is fabulous, and I tend to like the styling of vintage rings from the 50's -70's more then super sleek modern rings~



3-What is your current fave product/SELLER(not in your store) under 20$?
Right now I'm drooling over this
show stopper ring from peppertree!



4- Any advice for new sellers?
It takes a while to get into the swing of things, selling on Etsy is different then selling elsewhere, don't get discouraged and keep listing!



5-And a favorite quote?
"Beware of artists – they mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." Queen Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails