Friday, May 1, 2009

Handmade Ceramic Wine Bottle Stopper from creativewithclay.etsy.com




Each stopper is unique, glazed with several glazes. These stoppers are carved and textured with different patterns on both sides, and fired multiple times with different glaze color layers to give them a very unique look. The patterns and colors are influenced by Indian fabrics, embroidery, designs and of course Bollywood movies.

The ceramic topper is epoxied to the cork with an industrial strength epoxy and will stay in place unless deliberately pulled off.

Dimensions: 3.5" H including Cork and 1.5" wide

Price: 18.00


1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?

I work full time as a software engg which doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to do shows and farmer markets. Last year when I heard about Etsy, it sounded interesting as it could be something manageable without me taking time off from work. I still do some art shows which are really good for getting direct feedback from customers. The one thing I love about selling online is the fact that I don't have to haul around my pottery, shelves, display booth etc... in my tiny car... it is always a challenge. 

2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)

I like to buy supplies and gifts for friends. The sellers on Etsy are awesome in helping you choose the right product. I had never made jewelry items before, but thanks to the help I got from an Etsy supply store, I got all that I needed.

3-What is your current fave product(not in your store) under 20$?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20747156 
Because I just love pattern and color. 12.00 from http://www.bibbon.etsy.com

4- Any advice for new sellers?

There is a learning curve to sell online and the ways to advertise and sell keep changing constantly. Be persistent on learning new things and you will be on top of your game. The best source for new ideas is joining a team on Etsy and participating in forums. If it wasn't for the Etsy Mud Team (EMT), I wouldn't be selling like I currently am.

5-And a favorite quote?

"When you do something from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy." .. Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive