Monday, May 4, 2009

Brown Tree Box from lazylightningart.etsy.com


A woodburned tree design onto the lid of this box, it is lightly painted and lined inside with gray felt. It measures 6" x 5", and is 3" deep. It is sealed inside and out.
Price: 18.00

1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else? 
I chose to sell on Etsy after becoming a stay at home mom, I've always loved being creative and making handmade items, but hadnt found a good outlet for selling my things, then discovered Etsy. So far, Etsy is the only place I sell, although I would love to try out craft shows eventually.

2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)
My favorite things to buy on Etsy are gifts...I bought almost all of our Christmas presents last year from Etsy. There are so many talented artists, and when you buy something from Etsy, you know you arent going to see anyone else with the same item. I also buy a lot of supplies.

3-What is your current fave product(not in your store) under 20$? 
My current favorite item under $20 is an adorable print titled "Boston Terrier on a Tricycle" in rubenacker's shop. I was searching for prints of bikes or tricycles for my sons room, and found this, it is so cute! 

4- Any advice for new sellers? 
My advice for new sellers would be to stick with it, dont get discouraged if you dont get sales right away, it can take some time to get your items noticed. In the mean time, promote!!! Post in the Etsy forums, tell people you know about Etsy, hand out business cards, and try to list or renew items in your shop every couple days.

5-And a favorite quote?
'When I can no longer create anything, I’ll be done for." Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive