Monday, May 11, 2009

Vintage family tree wood wall picture display from moxiethrift



 5 circles ready to slide a picture in, the gold rings will hold them in place. The tree image is sealed, and the signature says: f. plasman @ 1960.

It’s ready to hang and in very good condition. The edges have the rough bark, adding to the unique woodsy fell. 
Measures 5” x 9” Wood. No glass in the holes, but the gold rings will hold the photos nicely.

Price: 9.09


1)Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?
I had just moved to the town where my husband (fiancé at the time) lived and I was looking for outlets for my art. I happened across an ad in CRAFT magazine for this ‘etsy site’. it took all of about 5 minutes to know this was a site I wanted to be a part of…and was inspired and motivated but I really had no idea how head over heals for this ‘etsy site’ I would become. a little over 2 years later, I have two shops (one art, one vintage and supplies) and etsy is in my daily vocabulary. I sell at a few galleries and gift shops in Nebraska and do a large handful of art fairs every year. Although I am always looking to get my fingers in something else, I am trying to not overextend myself…something I tend to do quite easily!



2)What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)
I love Christmas shopping on etsy. Chances are, it will be the most unique gift the person will get, and I love that. All but one gift was purchased or traded for on etsy last year. I am pretty proud of that!



3)What is your current fave product(not in your store) under 20$?
This necklace is in my favorites: 
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16797532.(from classyladyjen) Which surprises me, cause i am not a huge jewelry person. I love chunky jewelry above all jewelry, and the colors, and the fun and different shape. I would probably wear it with another couple necklaces. 



4)Any advice for new sellers?
Go window shopping on etsy, not for product, but for styles and colors and prices and sections and profiles. Educate yourself but expect a learning curve. Be kind to yourself if you don’t sell something right away…and if you screw up on shipping or something and lose money on a deal. It happens. Just learn from it. Promptly answer convos and ship items quickly! Keep promoting yourself and improving your product and networking. If you don’t know something, convo a person or 8. One of my best etsy relationships is with tina (
Pfeifferphotos)…I just convo’d her one day out of the blue and asked her a question. We now talk help each other out and promote each other. People on etsy, as a whole, are super generous and kind. Be a part of the whole.



5)And a favorite quote?
I love quotes, so ask me tomorrow and it will be something different. Today, it’s ‘keep on keepin on.’ And my husband would say it has to be “I sold something on etsy!” {kinda singing it and progressively getting louder} it never gets old saying that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive