Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rhia Upcycled Summer Scarf Necklace from ToilandTrouble.etsy.com


This is a perfect accessory for any summer outfit. This circular (with no ends) scarf is made from upcycled pre-shrunk 100% cotton t-shirts, making it eco-friendly and vegan.

The cotton is a lovely graphite grey. Wrap it once, as a stylish cowl, or let it hang long like a necklace. Either way, you will be sure to get compliments.

It is super lightweight, so it won't overheat you.

The loops and the knot are hand-sewn in place, so you can adjust the length of the loops a bit, but the knot cannot be moved.

Dimensions: approx. 39" in diameter
Price: 11.00


1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?
I was an Etsy buyer long before I was a seller. I found it because a friend of mine opened a shop there and sent me the link, and I fell in love with it right away. I have tried selling other places online, but they haven't worked out for me. I will probably be selling at a music festival in October, but that will be my first offline experience.



2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)
I generally buy fun things on Etsy - by which I mean gifts for myself. I also try to buy birthday gifts and holiday gifts for family members.


3-What is your current fave product/SELLER(not in your store) under 20$?
I know you asked for one, but I don't think I can pick a single one!
Happy Family has great items under $20, like bags and tee shirts.

Chloe and Boo has some cute accessories made with organza flowers.




4- Any advice for new sellers?
That's a tough question, I am still a new seller myself! I have found the Storque to be extremely helpful. I would recommend that new sellers read the articles, especially those that talk about tagging, how to write descriptions, and, of course, how to take good pictures. Talking in the forums also helps. Other sellers are happy to do shop critiques, and they can really help improve your shop if you're willing to listen and not get defensive.



5-And a favorite quote?
Depends on the day. Today I like:
Amateurs started Google and Apple. Professionals built the Titanic.

1 comment:

  1. toil&trouble is a great new shop run by a wonderful (fellow) bostonian that i've been lucky enough to get to know a bit! i'm so impressed with how effectively she's been promoting for a new shop! great feature, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails