Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Large Keepsake Memory Box Picture Perfect Flowers from MissEmmasCloset.etsy.com



She have surrounded this paper mache box, including the bottom, with coordinating papers in yellows, browns, and greens. She painted the inside of the box grass green while the outside is white washed. The corners are inked in green. An embossed green frame has been applied to the top and layered satin and grosgrain ribbon finish off the lid. It is truly a one of a kind piece that surely will keep all of her treasures safely inside. This box can be personalized, just let her know if you would like for her to put a name or date on it for you.
Price: 20.00


1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?
I chose to sell on Etsy on a whim. I was sick one day and hanging out on the couch with my daughter while my son was at school watching a very popular Martha. She had a popular seller from Etsy on
The Black Apple Honestly at the time I didn't know such a site existed. Now, I always was a crafter, doing shows back in my teens, had been thinking about going back into it. The timing was perfect and I was so inspired to start a shop, I believe it was the next day, I opened my shop. In hind sight, I might have researched it a little more, but I was just so ready to go I jumped in feet first and never looked back.


2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)
I love to buy things for my shop. I recently bought a new banner from one of the nicest Etsians out there. I am not a whiz with the computer, and she went out of her way to help me step by step with down loading and what not. She is the best, her shop is
Erin Bradley Designs everyone should be so lucky to stumble upon such a great shop owner. Also I have a shop banner in vinyl letters for the back of my car, I love that purchase too. I am definitely going to use Etsy for Christmas this year, and have already started looking around for the perfect gifts.


3-What is your current fave product/SELLER(not in your store) under 20$?
My current fave product under $20, has got to be clothing patterns for my daughter. She is very tiny for 3 and she eats with a feeding tube, things just don't fit her right, so I am going to start making her clothing. I would love to actually have a dress that really fits her for once that I can just plug in her tube and not have to lift up her dress. My fave shop right now id
frogslegsandponytails


4- Any advice for new sellers?
Advice to new sellers.....great customer service, wow your guests (yes guests, treat them like they are your family). Quick response times, timely shipping, and always include a hand written thank you note. I tend to include a little extra personal touch with my orders, if it is being purchased as a gift I will include a handmade gift tag. All of my fabric items come packaged in a handmade fabric bag. These little things will make people remember you and be repeat customers. We are handmade, these personal touches go a long way to separate us from mass producers.


5-And a favorite quote?
I have a favorite quote that I try to live by, it came from a fortune cookie, so is it a quote? Not sure, but I quote it. "A goal is a dream with a deadline"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails