Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Village People Cruisin YMCA Vinyl Record LP Candy Dish Bowl from Vintageinspiration.etsy.com




Get the party started with these fun party bowls that can be used to contain your candy, nuts or party favors. This one is the Village People's Cruisin' album with YMCA as the no. 1 track.

Record bowls have an odd shape and no two are ever alike. They are light weight, but require a bit larger box which makes the postage go up. This bowl is $5.50, check out her store at http://www.vintageinspiration.etsy.com


1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?

I was peddling my little crafts to small boutiques that mostly wanted to consign. I kept hearing about etsy but it took me a while to feel confident that my work was hip enough for artsy etsians. After almost 500 sales, I figure I’m doing okay whether my work is considered artsy or craftsy. I’ve looked into other online craft sites, but etsy gets the most visibility and publicity. Also, I suffer from Crafter’s Attention Deficit Syndrome and am constantly stopping and starting new projects and treasure hunting for vintage inspirations. I don’t have a lot of extra time to set up multiple shops. On weekends, I get my fix selling at markets and fairs. 


2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)

I think it is very important for sellers to also be buyers on etsy. I am always surprised when a new seller’s feedback indicates they have not purchased anything themselves. Put your money where your mouth is and show your support! There are plenty of items on etsy that we can use in our daily lives like soaps, greeting cards, business development and marketing tools, etc. My favorite things to buy on etsy are supplies. 

3-What is your current fave product (not in your store) under 20$?

Along the lines of selling on etsy, I have to say that I am getting the most bang from my 20 bucks investing in promotional/graphic design items fromvintagebella.etsy.com. Heather is wonderful! She designed my fabulous banner and shop logo and creates coordinating mailing labels, stickers, notecards, postcards, ads, gift certificates --- just about everything you need to look good. Check out this item for example -- http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23740968


4- Any advice for new sellers? 

Make sure your shop is a buyer’s happy place. A place they will want to visit over and over again. A cheerful banner; fresh, vivid photos; and, friendly convos that immediately thank customers for their purchases and insures them their items have been shipped. I also include a free ‘thank you’ item with each purchase. 

5-And a favorite quote?

“Even the mighty oak was once a little nut.” Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails