Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Medium Dog Collar from lilstarkitten.etsy.com





This listing is for 1 medium sized dog collar. This collar will fit necks 12 inches to 21.5 inches and measures 1 inch in width. Equiped with strong welded D ring and secure side release buckle. For 10.00 from http://www.lilstarkitten.etsy.com

1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?
A co-worker introduced me to Etsy about two years ago. She liked to knit and always looked around. When I saw that Etsy had things for Pets I was very excited. I love my pets and love to sew. I saw that people had handmade collars and I thought "How clever! I would be able to make my own collars, my own designs and it wouldn't cost me as much." My first few looked a little rough, but now I have them just how I want them. I started taking them to work with me to see what people thought. Co-workers wanted to purchase them. I did pretty well with that. Then I decided to list a few on Etsy. It took a little while to figure out what pricing and how I wanted my pictures to look. I try to keep it simple and straight forward. I refuse to list my collars for more than what I would pay for a dog or cat collar, even though I have been told I could sell them for more. I have also sold collars at animal rescue fundraisers.

2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)
I love to shop for artwork (Boxer paintings and drawings mostly), baby gifts, cards, jewelry, bags and pouches. 

3-What is your current fave product under 20$?
This is a perfect question. I don't make a lot of money so I am always looking for great things under 20 dollars. Right now I would have to say a picture of a Boxer puppy for 12.50 from http://www.K9artgallery.etsy.com http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12919758

4- Any advice for new sellers?
Keep it simple. Offer discounts. People love fast shipping-be sure to look into the price of shipping your items. That is not where you should try to make a few more dollars. If I see an item that has a costly shipping fee attached to it, no matter how much I want it i will not buy it. If your items are valuable and you need to charge more for shipping or if weight is a factor in shipping cost, be sure to explain that in your listing. Buyers don't think that way when they are shopping. 

5-And a favorite quote?
"Lots of people talk to animals... Not very many listen, though... That's the problem."
Benjamin Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails