Saturday, April 25, 2009

15 Envelopes - from recycled Urban Outfitters Catalog from mstineah.etsy.com


Each order includes 15 different envelopes - no two are the same.
All envelopes are individually cut by hand from magazine pages and glued with heavy duty glue. Each envelope measures approximately 5 in. by 4.25 in (closed). Avilable for 6.00 from http://www.mstineah.etsy.com

1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?
I discovered Etsy a few years ago after visiting a local art fair in Louisville, Ky called St. James Art Fair. Some the local artists cannot afford to exhibit in the actual fair so they get together every year and run the St. James Unfair. I met an artist who was selling jewelry made from Shrinky Dinks at the fair, as well as on Etsy. I forgot about the site until recently, when I had no idea what to do with the large amount of marble magnets/bubble beads I had made. I do not sell anywhere else.

2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)
I go to Etsy to find items that are unique and not in store. I like buying random items, such as pocket mirrors, magnets, keychains, and anything related to photography or Chicago.

3-What is your current fave product under 20$(not in your store)?
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24158457&ref=sr_gallery_9&&ga_search_query=camera+necklace&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=titleCeramic Camera Necklace... beautiful! For 15.00 at http://www.surly.etsy.com 

4- Any advice for new sellers?
I am a new seller! Any advice for me? :)

5-And a favorite quote?
The world just does not fit conveniently into the format of a 35mm camera. -W. Eugene Smith

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these! I just found your blog today and can't wait to read what else you find on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I <3 them to. What an amazing idea! So unique and much better than plain envelopes :)

    ReplyDelete

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails