Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vintage Extra Large Red and White Stripe Tie Neck Secretary Blouse from pineapplemint.etsy.com

This vintage 1980s secretary blouse is very light weight and would make a really good layering piece. Fiber content is not listed but it is definitely synthetic. Ties at the neck. Lovely bright red color, perfect condition. Marked size 16. Slightly gathered at shoulders.

Size estimate: XL

Bust: 42"

Shoulder to shoulder: 22" (from sleeve opening to sleeve opening)

Waist: 43"

Length: 25"

Condition: excellent
Price: 16.00

1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?
I chose to sell on Etsy because I like the site's overall message and interface. I like that it is pleasant to look at but also simple in its layout and aesthetics. Also, I have friends who sell on Etsy who recommended it. I sell the occasional item on Ebay, but not really any vintage. If I happen to come across something that is newer but a good find, I will turn to Ebay. I must admit, though, that in general I find the Ebay experience unpleasant and have mostly moved away from using it.


2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)
I have mostly used Etsy to buy vintage clothes or shoes. Especially boots! Sometimes I really want a particular style and I can usually find whatever I want on Etsy. I am constantly looking at fancy bags, too, but I haven't yet bought one!


3-What is your current fave product/SELLER(not in your store) under 20$?
I really love this
ring from shiningstones.
It is unique while still being simple and the colors are so pretty. Now I am wondering why I haven't bought this...

4- Any advice for new sellers?
It is really important to take the best photos you possibly can, and to be accurate in listings. The buyer cannot see your item, so be their eyes. Taking good photos doesn't mean you have to invest in expensive equipment. Just make sure you're using good light and a background that does justice to what you are trying to sell.


5-And a favorite quote?
I don't really have a good quote, but I do like to say "McRib is back!" (when applicable)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails