Monday, November 2, 2009

Appalachian Trail Barrette from sweettarragon.etsy.com

Sage green freshwater pearls, pietersite nuggets, chocolate brown Swarovski pearls, and khaki green Swarovski crystals are woven together with silver wire into a landscape of rocky terrain. The barrette measures about three inches in length, and has a hefty spring mechanism to hold even the unruliest hair.
Price: 8.50

1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?
Etsy was the fastest way for me to get my items online when I started selling. I also have accounts at Artfire, 1000 Markets, and Silkfair, but I don't list there often. My original intention was to create my own site (I'm also a web designer/developer), but other projects always took precedence. As my partner and I networked with other crafters, we found that there's a huge desire for user-friendly e-commerce on self-hosted sites, and so we've spent the last 18 months developing a product that's scheduled to launch in January. Once that's up and running, I intend to pull all my other online accounts, but I'll always maintain a presence on Etsy.




2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)
Little gifts for myself, like lip balms and soaps from my friend Kate's store,
Om Shanti Handcrafts , and my gorgeous business card holder from WoodNYou.


3-What is your current fave product/SELLER(not in your store) under 20$?
Om Shanti's
Tangerine Vanilla Lip Balm I keep one on my desk and carry one with me everywhere!

4- Any advice for new sellers?
Promote, promote, promote! Etsy is a huge market, and people don't always find you on their own. Tell everyone you know, get out there and advertise (word of mouth or otherwise), and keep at it.



5-And a favorite quote?
"Tinkerbell says, and I find I agree, you have to break rules if you want to break free. Do as you like - we're determined to be wicked girls saving ourselves."
-Seanan McGuire, "Wicked Girls"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails