Friday, November 13, 2009

The Kelly Pot Holder from Prettyinpurple.etsy.com

Ive used Joel Dewberry's light yellow demask and Amy Butler's polka dots. To protect your hands from the hot oven, roasting dishes etc, this beautiful fabric is covering Insul-Bright.

It measures approx 20.5cm square (8 inches). You can also use it as a trivit to protect your benchtops and dining tables from hot dishes.
From: Prettyinpurple
Price: 5.00

1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?
I chose Etsy because I love their "Buy Homemade" theory. Don't get me wrong, I still buy from the corporate conglomerate shops, just not as much as I used to. If we all support each other then we would have less need to "go to the shops".
I also sell at various craft markets around Perth (Western Australia). Im a regular at the Mundaring Markets which is the second Sunday in the month. This is meant to be purely craft and fresh produce, however, ive seen some cheap imported stuff creeping in (not happy about that)



2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)
I LOVE to buy my fabrics on Etsy. For a start its cheaper than what I can get it in my local shops, it gets delivered straight to my front door and i don't have to drag the kids to yet another fabric shop (cause they really like that - not).
Lately I've been searching Etsy for some really cool Christmas presents - I like to be organised and hate leaving things to the last minute.



3-What is your current fave product/SELLER(not in your store) under 20$?
My favourite Etsy fabric Seller would have to be
Fabricshoppe. The fabric is beautiful and just what I want. Jody's service is fantastic and the postage is fast, which is really important to me as things always take longer to get to me "Down Under".
My favourite Perth Sellers are:
Neddynibbles for really cute vintage inspired aprons, Delightsociety for devine soaps, Staceytara for unique jewelry and Trio for groovy Blyth clothes.



4- Any advice for new sellers?
Always answer convo's. List something at least every second day to keep your shop current and at the top of the list, even if it means re-listing something. Shop around and "heart" other shops because we all check to see who "hearts" us. This creats more traffic to your shop.



5-And a favorite quote?
"If its not your's don't touch it". It's not a famous one, just one that I say to the kids everyday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails