Wednesday, July 15, 2009

American License Plates Passport Holder from DumbKidDesigns



Perfect for your passport! Easy to spot inside your bag, add a few extra papers in a 2nd pocket that you need or want to travel with. Paper laminated to protect it. 2 pockets on the inside.
Price: 8.75


1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?

I chose to sell on Etsy, cuz I'm shy. So shy I can make myself sick before meeting someone face to face, in any given situation. It's really bad, and I can't seem to talk myself out of being this way.
When I started looking on how to sell my handmade goodies to people other than my family and friends, I found Etsy. There weren't any other internet sites like Etsy that I could find when I started. Ebay - but handmade on Ebay - I just never got into it. Etsy was really easy for me to figure out, and I loved everything I saw on here anyway.
Since I've been selling on Etsy, I have grown a lot more confident with my stuff that I make, I got the courage to contact retail stores. So I now sell to some "walk in retail(mom and pop shop)" stores too.
I just opened an ArtFire account, but right now, my loyalty is to Etsy. I put a lot of time into my shop, in hopes it pays off in good ways.




2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)

Gifts! I love buying gifts on Etsy. Don't get me wrong, I buy some of my supplies on here too, but gifts are my favorite. The thing that bites is I usually want the gift for myself when I get it. So I now have to buy 2 of everything! You can't find gifts for people anywhere else like you can on Etsy. Plus it really is one stop shopping for me. I've never had a rude seller, and the service is always over my expectations, as well as the product. I don't understand people who don't know about Etsy.




3-What is your current fave product(not in your store) under 20$?
oh that's kinda tough for me, but i have to go with the handsoaps that
Foliage makes. they look like little people hands, and doll hands, but it's soap. hand handsoap. brilliant! i want to give them to everyone i know. it's actually quite disturbing how much i really like them when it comes down to it.



4- Any advice for new sellers?

of course the given advice is: list
but, you should buy at least 2 or 3 things before you start selling your stuff. then you know the other end of the deal. and that is so important! i think you should click on everything! everything that is clickable, you will learn if you look for the answers. forums, storque articles, alchemy, find a team, and ask! i yet to come in contact with a rude seller. it's pretty easy to make, ummm, Etsy Friends, i guess you would call them. Be honest, when you are new, say you are new and you don't know what you are doing, but that you are giving it your best. And remember, treat others how you want to be treated. I believe you can make your shop work any way you want it to. It just depends what direction you want to go with it. Ya gotta have a goal when you start, even if it changes later.




5-And a favorite quote?

i don't know who said this but i really like...

"the blind lead the blind, who tell it to the dumb, who brag about it to the deaf"
hahahaha, i always smile if not giggle when i say it too.

if you want a deeper quote,
this ones pretty deep thoughtish, again, i have no idea who said this, but i think of it often, so often it's like i'm reminding myself
"...if we look at our lives, we will see that most of the time we do things just to please others, just to be accepted by others, rather than living our lives to please ourselves. that is what happened to our freedom"

1 comment:

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails