Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chain and Flame by TocadoaraLeather.etsy.com


A black leather belt with flame-like red stitching is toughened up by a chain from a belt of metal links.

1 1/8 inches wide
3/8 inch thick
Inner Circumference: 8 inches
Price: 17.50

1-Why did you choose to sell on Etsy/ and do you sell anywhere else?

I heard of etsy a few years ago when I started selling my beaded jewelry on my (now inactive) blog. One of my readers sold here and recommended it to me. My original shop, BlestBeads, opened in June 2007. I registered my TocadoraLeather name in October of last year, but didn't start listing there until this past June. I also sell in two El Paso boutiques and have items in a recycled art gallery in Los Angeles.



2- What is your fave thing to buy on Etsy (whether it be supplies or gifts etc.)
I am addicted to raku ceramics. I LOVE the variations in the glazes - so magical. However I also enjoy buying clothing and jewelry that I can't make - like bead-weaving and engraved silver.



3-What is your current fave product/SELLER(not in your store) under 20$?
I can't get enough of
Lisa Peters' raku beads and buttons.



4- Any advice for new sellers?
Do your research before you get started. There is so much information available on what makes a good shop - photography, graphics, policies, pricings, etc. Be patient, especially if you sell jewelry. And put a lot of legwork into building your local customer base. I find that when things are slow on etsy, my local sales keep me buoyed and vice versa.



5-And a favorite quote?
"Treat me with the rhythm of my own heart, and I'll be fine" from the novel Memoir From Antproof Case by Mark Helprin

3 comments:

  1. I love her cuffs! I have one that I wear as often as I can and I'm looking to buy another one. Great article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! And thanks Beth! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember blest and didn't know she had a new shop! thanks! cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails