Monday, March 8, 2010

How I got started: An Etsy Beginning.

Hi everyone! My name is May and I started selling on Etsy last August. I’ve been sewing since I was 14, taking Saturday courses at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York. I decided to take it to the next level last summer. I found out about Etsy on BurdaStyle and decided to give it a chance. After a few months, I felt very at home. Many sellers have helped me grow and learn about advertising, taking photos, taxes, marketing, craft fairs, and among numerous other things. For the seven months I’ve been here, I must say that I have chosen the correct online venue to sell at. I don’t think I would have learned as much on my own or at any other site. Despite the major competition here for sales, there is a great amount of communication, respect and honesty on Etsy between sellers and buyers and other sellers as well. I hope the others around me on the site feel the same love I do! Being connected is an important part of running a business and Etsy has helped me build a lifelong network of friends and enemies (we are competing for sales you know!)

Check out May's: shop, twitter, fb, and blog. Please show her some love since she is offering my blog readers an exclusive discount.
Purchase of more than one item=10% off total
Purchase of more than two items=15% off total

Purchase of more than three items=20% off total


Using code Rquick10. Easy as that =) So get your shop/trade on!!

~If interested in telling the story of your etsy beginning please contact me renee.quick11@gmail.com~

I would love to have some fresh blood for my blog so if your interested in posting a funny story about your customer from hell or an order that went horribly wrong. Contact me about guest posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I DON'T HATE COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails